We’re hiring: Education Program Manager, Kenya
UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Child Protection Statement: We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs.
So They Can is an inclusive employer
So They Can Kenya is a chapter of So They Can International. As an NGO, So They Can is committed to empowering communities in Africa to realise their full potential through a range of holistic programs. We work in areas of Education, Child Well-being, Health & Community Support and Women’s Empowerment.
So They Can Kenya is currently recruiting Education Program Manager to oversee educational development for all So They Can Projects in Kenya in line with our long term strategic plan. The candidate will be instrumental in strengthening existing public-private partnership with the government through the Ministry of Education and other development stakeholders. He/she will report operationally to the Country Manager Kenya. Supported by senior management, the successful candidate will work with and manage a small team of educational staff to develop and strengthen the Education Program towards achieving its objectives.
We are looking for a dedicated and qualified professional with several years’ management experience in similar projects. The preferred candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, be computer literate, fluent in English and Kiswahili and most of all must be passionate about education and the future well-being of the children of Kenya. So They Can has a strong development focus, and the candidate must be able to clearly differentiate between aid and development. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation staff, and a strong MEL base is essential knowledge.
Reports to: Country Manager/East African Education Manager
Objective of the post
To develop, manage and deliver Education Program of So They Can Kenya. So They Can Kenya delivers it works through a Public-Private Partnership with the Government through the Ministry of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Country Manager and the East African Educational Manager to develop, manage and deliver Education Program of So They Can Kenya
- Liaise with both local Teachers Service Commission, County Director of Education and other stakeholders to fact-check and inform all educational programmes at our partner schools.
- Develop educational networking opportunities and pursue them for the benefit of the Program
- Via our Teacher Development Project deliver professional development opportunities for teaching staff at our partner schools
- Provide supportive management to the Education team
- Actively build the capacity of education program staff, ensuring each staff member has a specific capacity development plan, receives opportunities for training, mentoring and on-the-job learning opportunities and achieves his or her KPI.
- Coordinate and facilitate staff meetings with agenda items and deliverables
- Serve as a liaison/spokesperson for the education team by reporting directly to the Country Manager and Head of Education.
- Prepare highly professional monthly and quarterly project review reports
- Coordinate with the M&E team on the development of monitoring tools and collection of quality data and provide guidance to improve data systems.
- Explore funding opportunities and develop quality grant applications
- With the support of the head teachers lobby and support teachers to use experiential and inquiry-based learning techniques in their teaching throughout our partner schools
- Remain current on the ongoing changes made to public schools and curricula that inform project development
- Take charge of all Educational Program documentation including annual project and budget planning and monitoring reports
- Coordinate timely payments and reimbursements for educational needs in collaboration with the finance department.
- Manage and implement ongoing community education projects
- Set up and establish IT learning facilities when deemed appropriate
- Oversee implementation and monitoring of Msomi Scholarship programme
- Be the person ultimately responsible and reporting to the Country Manager on all educational matters through regular reporting.
- Ensure all So They Can policies, especially the Child Protection Policy, are adhered to and understood by all staff in partner schools including regular training on policies and their effective use and implementation
- Bring about measurable impact and change through the delivery and development of the Education Program.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management to grow the Education Program in Kenya
- Maintain and develop relations with the Educational officials at County and National levels
If you feel you fit the required qualification and experience for the above position, please submit your application and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. The closing date for application is 30th October, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.