Volunteer Position – Crows Nest
Project Coordinator for new retail business
Seeking a passionate and enthusiastic person with some time available to help empower women and children in Africa through an exciting and rewarding project.
Sew Women Can is a project based in Kenya empowering vulnerable single mothers. We provide training and employment. The program seeks to produce high quality and unique artisan homewares and creations using traditional African materials and skills. A label is being developed in Australia called bibi & me which will be used to promote and sell internationally.
We are looking for someone to volunteer their time one day a week to help get this project off and running.
The role would be:
* assisting with stocktake and inventory when goods arrive from Kenya
* filling website orders
* assisting with promotions to stores
* liaising with the project manager in Kenya re: stock orders
* preparing for markets and trade fairs as needed
* assisting with on-line shop updates
Some retail or marketing experience great but not essential.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and resume.