Who we are
We work together with communities and their governments in Kenya and Tanzania to educate and empower, so they can break the poverty cycle, realise their own potential and meet their own needs.
We are a not-for-profit organisation registered in Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Tanzania and the United States.
Education is at the core of everything we do.
Since inception we have chosen to partner with local communities and with local and national governments in Kenya and Tanzania in implementing our education strategies. This ensures our model is sustainable and we are meeting the critical needs of the communities we partner with.
We focus our efforts and funds on providing quality education to children and adults, specifically women, to increase the number of students who graduate from high school and can seek further education or employment. This in turn grows the economy and breaks the cycle of poverty.
We are committed to supporting economic development in these communities by identifying social business opportunities, ensuring the sustainability of our education strategies. These businesses have a dual purpose. They benefit the community by creating jobs and they generate funds to help support our education projects.
- educate 1080 children at Aberdare Ranges Primary School in Nakuru, Kenya
- provide a nurturing home for 120 orphaned and vulnerable children at the Miti Mingi Village
- educate and provide loans to women facing extreme poverty through our Micro Finance Business School
- support a community medical centre that services the wider Nakuru community of 20,000
- operate the Mamire Teachers’ College in a remote rural part of Tanzania
- have formed an educational collaborative with 26 schools in Tanzania providing access to better education for over 5,000 children
- work together with local communities to establish numerous social businesses to create jobs and generate funds